As we inch closer and closer to our favorite month of March, we still have no firm promises of a vaccine, and many uncertainties as to when the COVID-19 pandemic will notably improve. We have had a lot to consider in regards to whether we can hold an in-person convention in 2021. The safety of our attendees is our top priority, and given the current situation, we still don’t feel that we can safely hold an in-person event in just four months. With this in mind, unfortunately we have decided to cancel the in-person Furnal Equinox 2021.
FURNAL EQUINOX 2021 REGISTRATION DATES PUSHED BACK
However, as we discussed during our Open Forum last month, we have been in the planning stages of a virtual Furnal Equinox event, which we will now continue working on with our full efforts. Soon we plan on opening up a submission form for panels and streams, so keep an eye out for those.
REGISTRATION AND SWAG
As mentioned in the Open Forum, we’ll be holding all swag items and carrying over the con theme until our next in-person event, likely in 2022. We will also once again rollover registrations to our next in-person event. If you have further questions regarding registration, wish to donate your registration, or would still like to request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to help you.
We are still looking for volunteers in a variety of roles to help us put on the best virtual event we can! Do you have experience with or interest in…
- virtual events (art streams, co-op and/or gaming streams)?
- specific virtual platforms (VRChat, Second Life, Minecraft, etc.)?
- Planning in advance for a virtual event?
- 3D modeling, lighting, and texturing?
- Moderating or monitoring chat rooms and Discord servers?
- Or even if you just have ideas for the event! If so, and you think you can lend a helping hand or paw, please let us know at email@example.com!