Please read the following information carefully. We invite you to email the Events Team if you need any clarification. We are here to help! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our team.
We require all event requests to be processed through the Sessionize submission form. This will add your request to our queue for review by the Events Team. Proposals will go unanswered. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Furnal Equinox WILL provide you with the following items based on strict room assignments:
- Standard projector cables, HDMI to HDMI and VGA to VGA. Adaptors of any sort must be provided by yourself.
- A/V equipment, including Projectors, Microphones, Speakers, and Basic Sound Equipment where room assignments permit.
Furnal Equinox WILL NOT provide the following items:
- Laptops, Tablets, or Computers
- Wifi Service/Internet Access
- Pens, Markers, Pencils or Sharpeners, Paper, etc.
If it is not listed, we do not provide it
In submitting an event request to Furnal Equinox, I, the prospective event host, accept and acknowledge the following:
- Submission does NOT guarantee acceptance. There are a finite number of rooms, requiring us to narrow things down to best fit the space we have at our disposal.
- Submission must be done within the acceptance window and will NOT be accepted after closed applications.
- Equipment requests are NOT guaranteed.
- The Events Team makes decisions regarding accepting or denying an event request – the Events Director will handle any appeals directly. All decisions by the Events Director are final.
- If multiple submissions are received for the same event, we will put you in touch with each other so you can work together if you desire. If that does not work for you or you need something else, the decision will be made based on the quality of the submission and the host’s experience.
- You will follow the Furnal Equinox Code of Conduct, including exclusionary behaviour, comments or material; your event will be shut down, and you will be barred from hosting in the future.
- You will follow all Furnal Equinox policies regarding Public Health.
- You will abide by all room capacity limits posted by the hotel outside the room. Failure to comply with the room capacities will result in the shutting down of your event. It is suggested that the door be closed once the room has filled to bar entry.
- Any event host found to be charging an admissions fee or cover charge will have their event shut down and be barred from hosting future events with Furnal Equinox.
- An event may not pass out any food or drink, store-bought or homemade. This includes but is not limited to coffee, tea, soda, chips, pretzels, candy, etc.
- Event hosts are not allowed to alter a room’s basic layout. How you find it is how you are to leave it. There will be no movement of tables or chairs for any purpose other than accessibility, accommodation, an additional host, etc. They will return to their initial position immediately after the event ends. Any failure to comply may result in your event being shut down and the host barred from hosting future events with Furnal Equinox.
- If your event has an equipment cost, such as for a workshop where something is being made with the attendees, please contact the Events Director (email@example.com).
- It pains us that this must be stated, but it also cannot be said enough. No host may harass, abuse or demean any member of Furnal Equinox staff for any reason. If such behaviour is confirmed to have occurred, the event host will have their event shut down and be barred from hosting again at Furnal Equinox. We are ultimately here to help and are happy to do so, but respect is earned.
Our last point is for your benefit:
- A single host may host up to five (5) events during the convention. It pleases us that you would like to do more, but you are supposed to be having fun yourself!
For 18+ Events (Adult Rating)
Any event identified as adult material or may be viewed as inappropriate for minors by the host during the event application or by the Events Team at the time of review will be marked as 18+. Badge checks will be required at the entrance to the room and will be handled by our Programming Team. All hosts for 18+ events must be eighteen or older by the convention’s first day, with no exceptions, and this cannot be appealed.