Final Reminders for #Furnal2022
It seems like it’s been forever, but FE weekend is finally upon us, and we can’t wait to see you all once again!
We have some final reminders for you as we approach con time, so please be sure to read this through this message!
- You need a vaccine check before you can get your badge.
- Canadians: We need to see your enhanced vax certificate. It must have a QR code!
- US/International Travelers: QR codes are not required on your vaccine proof documents, but we need to see your passport or NEXUS card with your proof of vax!
- Masks are required in all hotel spaces and amenities, with the exception of the swimming and fitness centres when actively using the facilities. Ontario’s mask mandate is still in effect during the weekend. This includes under your fursuit head (outside of exceptions like eating, drinking, etc.)
Hotel & Check-In
- The hotel address is: The Westin Harbour Castle, 1 Harbour Square, Toronto, ON M5J 1A6
- If you’re driving to FE, you can unload your belongings at the front before using either the self-park offered at the hotel for $35/day, or park at a nearby offsite lot (see our Travel Page)
- When you arrive at the hotel, you’ll be able to check in to your room reservation starting at 3pm of that day. If you’re early, there will be bellman services that can hold your belongings
- You’ll get your proof of vaccination checked at the Front Desk when you check in, or you can do later when picking up at the Timed Ticket Pickup or in the Convention Centre before you line up for Registration. You will receive a wristband that you can use to get your Registration badge — once you have your badge, you can discard the wristband. Wristbands are not needed to access hotel services or amenities.
- As a perk, Furnal Equinox attendees can get 15% off food and non-alcoholic beverages at the hotel’s restaurants, including In-Room Dining. Just mention “Furnal Equinox” when ordering and the discount will be applied!
- If you pre-registered before 14 March, you can take advantage of our Timed Ticket system, new for 2022!
- Stop by the Harbour Ballroom early Thurs (5pm-7:30pm) or Pier 2-3 Early Fri (8am-9:30am) to get a Timed Ticket—then return at the time on your ticket to pick up your badge and go! See below for registration hours and an explanation of the Timed Ticket system.
Thank you for reading, and we hope you have a great Furnal Equinox!
As always, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest updates!