Open Staff Positions
Virtual Environment Team Positions
As we’re building up the virtual convention, we’re looking for 3D artists who will help design and texture virtual environments. We’ll consider those with experience with any one of the following:
- Unity experience
Note that artists can use any program desired, so long as files are exported in the .fbx format.
We’re building a team of devs to integrate models into VRChat via Unity.
- Integration of character and other models into vrchat
- Unity experience
- VRChat Udon experience
Publicity and PR Positions
The following positions act as a voice on behalf of the convention, often communicating with third parties or social media followers directly. The Publicity team coordinates on many of the following projects. As such, teamwork and professionalism in both internal and external communication is a must, and some experience working in a communications role in the past (e.g. sending newsletter, customer service/support, etc.) is preferred.
We’ll need a PR Assistant who can:
- Assist with advertising campaign for the event
- Work alongside Publicity staff and department head for planning and coordination
- Stay up-to-date with various goings-on in other departments, advertise for them as needed
We need several moderators for various rooms who will work with the Lounge team to be sure
that chat participants follow our rules and Code of Conduct. Some of the rooms needing
Physical Event Positions
Panel Team Member
This role will check in with panelists during the convention and will help to make sure panels and events run smoothly.
- Communicating with panelists and other staff with regards to panel needs
- Taking headcounts at panels
- Ensuring events run on time, with the resources needed
- Some setup and teardown before and after the convention
With regards to this position, the Team Member will need to be comfortable walking/standing for extended periods of time, as well as clearly communicating with panelists and fellow team members.
Security Team Member
The Security Team is a customer service department, focusing on assisting attendees in a general capacity as well as providing a source of safety at event.
- Answering general attendee questions and directing them to locations where they can get further information (Convention Operations, Information Desk)
- Monitoring the Convention space and serving as a representative of the Staff Team to identify issues of various types and to assist with resolution
- Assist in managing the lines for large events.