Open Staff Positions
Art & Publication
Art Gallery Curator
The Art Gallery Curator is responsible for the following:
- Curating and placing artwork around our 3D spaces
- Communicating with and contacting artists
We need an Ebook editor to assist with the following:
- Setting up our digital art book
- Review of short story submissions
Virtual Environment Team Positions
As we’re building up the virtual convention, we’re looking for 3D artists who will help design and texture virtual environments. We’ll consider those with experience with any one of the following:
- Model environments including but not limited to angular objects
- Unity experience
Note that artists can use any program desired, so long as files are exported in the .fbx format.
We’re building a team of devs to integrate models into VRChat via Unity.
- Integration of character and other models into vrchat
- Unity experience
- VRChat Udon experience
Publicity and PR Positions
The following positions act as a voice on behalf of the convention, often communicating with third parties or social media followers directly. The Publicity team coordinates on many of the following projects. As such, teamwork and professionalism in both internal and external communication is a must, and some experience working in a communications role in the past (e.g. sending newsletter, customer service/support, etc.) is preferred.
We’re looking for an Advertising Manager, who will help represent the convention to other events. This position is responsible for:
- Reaching out to other events on behalf of FE
- Following up on advertising requests
- Invoicing through FE systems
- Handling ad swap requests from other conventions and events
- Working with and on behalf of the PR team.
We’ll need a PR Assistant who can:
- Assist with advertising campaign for the event
- Work alongside Publicity staff and department head for planning and coordination
- Stay up-to-date with various goings-on in other departments, advertise for them as needed
YouTube Assistant/Content Creator
We need a YouTube Assistant, who will be tasked with presenting our platform to future attendees.
- Video creation introducing people to our virtual event
- Tutorial events on vrchat
Duties of General Administration consist of, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Creating documents or simple spreadsheets comparing different services for the event
- Assistance following up with emails
- Taking meeting notes
We need several moderators for various rooms who will work with the Lounge team to be sure
that chat participants follow our rules and Code of Conduct. Some of the rooms needing
- Chat rooms
The Community Manager is in charge of the Discord and our Chat Moderator team, and is responsible for making sure the team all works to help make our virtual event the best it can be.
Those interested in applying for this position would ideally have some form of community or general management experience, and experience either in customer service and/or moderating other chatrooms.
- Responsible for supervision of Chat Moderator team and all chat rooms that they monitor
- Chat Moderators will report to this position
Discord Games Host
We’re also looking for a Discord Games Host. For this position, some customer service/interaction experience is preferred. This position would also need to own at least several Steam games. Responsible for:
- Running and/or suggesting games to play
- Driving traffic to the Lounge to play games
- Commentate on games, or explain to others how they work
We have a plan to build our hotel in Minecraft and need some extra hands to join our Minecraft Team to help put it together!
Physical Event Positions
Panel Team Member
This role will check in with panelists during the convention and will help to make sure panels and events run smoothly.
- Communicating with panelists and other staff with regards to panel needs
- Taking headcounts at panels
- Ensuring events run on time, with the resources needed
- Some setup and teardown before and after the convention
With regards to this position, the Team Member will need to be comfortable walking/standing for extended periods of time, as well as clearly communicating with panelists and fellow team members.
Security Team Member
The Security Team is a customer service department, focusing on assisting attendees in a general capacity as well as providing a source of safety at event.
- Answering general attendee questions and directing them to locations where they can get further information (Convention Operations, Information Desk)
- Monitoring the Convention space and serving as a representative of the Staff Team to identify issues of various types and to assist with resolution
- Assist in managing the lines for large events.