he winning performance act, or group will be engraved on the Spirrow Masquerade Cup in alphabetical order. Engravings will be as per names provided on the sign-up form, and winners must contact the organizers for any alterations prior to the end of the convention. The cup will be available for photos with your group at the convention, however the cup remains in the permanent care of SoulWolf as a lasting record of your performance and accomplishment for years to come.
In the spirit of growing the performing arts within the fandom, winners of the masquerade are ineligible to compete the following year with a 1 year cool-down period.
- If you perform as an individual, you are only eligible to participate in a group the subsequent year.
- If you perform as part of a group, you are only eligible to participate as an individual the subsequent year.
- If you participate in the masquerade with winning performances for 2 consecutive years, you will only be eligible to perform in a non-scored showcase act, time permitting.
- Non-judged showcase acts remain an option for masquerade winners after only 1 year.
- You can opt out of your act being part of the judged competition.
Performances are judged on a broad set of criteria, such as originality of your performance, entertainment and audience appeal, esthetic appeal, use of space, and technical performance.
Judges may offset those performing in Fursuit based on varying abilities or characteristics of the competitor, in order to equalize their chances of winning.
Judges are selected based on their experience as performers, Past participants in the Masquerade as well as the convention’s guests of honour.