Our New Venue: The Sheraton Toronto Airport
Over the last few years, Furnal Equinox has grown by leaps and bounds in a manner that has exceeded everyone's expectations (including ours!). And this year, you truly continued the trend, with a full schedule and a full con space!
We knew, even last summer, that we needed to do some serious soul-searching to keep on offering the best experience possible. It became clear that the best way to continue to provide that was to move to a new venue. We'd like to thank the Doubletree staff and management who have made Furnal Equinox so pleasant over the last three years.
But we're not going far: we're just going down the road!
The Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel and Conference Centre at 801 Dixon Road will be the new home of Furnal Equinox beginning in 2013!
When we toured the hotel last year, we were more than impressed by their willingness to roll out the red carpet for us (they even had plushies put out for our chairs!) and we have every bit of confidence that they'll do the same for you.
The Sheraton is making all 26,000 square feet of their convention space available to us: we won't be sharing it with any other groups. And we're already making plans on what to do with it!
- With several small conference rooms available, we'll have even more space for panels and programming! Our Zoo will also include the Waterfall Lounge and the @Link by Sheraton Internet cafe.
- Our Dealers Den room will have 50% more space, and we also plan on putting on an Art Show for the first time!
- Our hospitality lounge will be accessible right in con space – no elevator rides if you have the munchies!
- Want to REALLY help support the convention? Upgrade to our new Supersponsor level and receive a hotel-catered meal.
As for other amenities:
- The in-hotel Olio Restaurant will offer a selection of tasty food that won't break your budget, as well as a breakfast buffet and food carts around con space! We're told there will be a Furnal Equinox themed specialty drink on the menu, too.
- Furnal Equinox attendees will receive a special parking rate: $7.50 per night!
- A heated indoor swimming pool and fitness centre available for hotel guests
- You can rest and relax in some larger hotel rooms!
Needless to say, we're really excited about this change. We'll be announcing further details this spring and up until registration opens this summer. For the time being, have a look at our new space in this tour posted on YouTube!