Furnal Equinox's conbook provides our attendees with information on convention programming and events, but it also features numerous examples of original art and writing for all of our attendees to enjoy. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your work!
The deadline for submissions in this year's conbook has been extended to February 22, 2015. To ease the process of preparing the conbook, we've set out submission and formatting standards below. Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 2015 theme is "Furry Arcade", so we anticipate seeing artwork and stories that reflect the theme. Our focus is on retro gaming, and the social aspect of gaming in decades gone by — hanging out in arcades, competing for the high score...
Tributes to existing video game characters and titles are welcome... just make sure that you're not violating copyrights by doing so!
- All submissions must be your original creation — please, no copyrighted characters or work previously submitted elsewhere.
- All conbook content should have a rating no higher than PG-13, consistent with our Code of Conduct.
- High-quality JPG, PNG or TIF format only.
- Minimum 300 dpi resolution.
- Pictures should be at least 1,000 pixels (half page) or 2,000 pixels (full page) in at least one dimension. Smaller ones will likely not be used.
- Greyscale or inked lineart images only.
Stories & Poetry
- Maximum story length is 1,800 words.
- Acceptable file formats: Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or rich text format (.rtf).
- All text should be in a standard serif font like Cambria, Georgia or Times New Roman.
- Use italics for emphasis — no boldface or underlining, except to indicate title and author.
- Please do not indent paragraphs with spaces or tabs.
- End each paragraph with a single hard return (no blank lines between paragraphs). So you must indicate where you actually NEED blank lines in some way (e.g. double blank lines).
- Use "***" on its own line where you'd like a horizontal line/divider (story break) to be placed.
By submitting artwork or stories, you grant a limited license for Furnal Equinox to print the submission in the conbook for no compensation or other payment other than credit to you. You will retain your ownership of the material and be free to publish it elsewhere. We reserve the right to make the final decision on whether material is suitable for the conbook, and may also retain submissions for other uses, including online publication and promotion.
We will inform you if your story or artwork has been selected for the conbook. We may request changes or edits to fit length, space or composition requirements. We will inform you of any required changes and obtain your consent wherever possible. Artwork may be cropped to remove borders or fit the layout.
Advertising in Furnal Equinox's conbook allows your message or business to reach almost 1,000 attendees in print for a very reasonable price!
Prices for advertising in our conbook are as follows:
Business Card size (2" x 3.5"): $20
Quarter page (5" x 3.5"): $40
Half-page, wide (5" x 7"): $60
Full page (10" x 7") : $100
Advertisements must meet the submission guidelines set out in "Artwork Requirements" above.
Advertising is also available on Furnal Equinox Network, our at-con video feed. Contact email@example.com for more details.